Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Blog #4




3 comments:

  1. Lisa, I love this picture! It's so interesting and makes you really think about what the media is doing to influence us. I kind of did something like it where anorexic models are making girls think they are overweight. It's sad to look at this picture because she really is gorgeous in the real picture. The media is just photoshopping all these pictures and making young women think they are overweight. I think you made a good decision in choosing this picture and I enjoyed finding all the differences between the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great sequence of images. I love that you show that nobody is perfect like how magazine editors want you to believe. I also would have never believed all the differences until these were set next to each other like you did. This really shows that nobody can look like how the media wants us to look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I've always known that they edit these photos but I've never actually seen them in comparison. I can't believe all of the differences. Honestly, I think she looks so much better in the second image. She looks happy and real, while the first image she seems very fake. I don't think I ever would have noticed how fake she looks in the first image if I hadn't seen the actual photograph.

    ReplyDelete